Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy-Bilt 2-Cycle Gas Trimmer Will Not Start

FL

08-10-09, 04:45 PM   #1  
Troy-Bilt 2-Cycle Gas Trimmer Will Not Start

I have a Troy-Bilt 2-Cycle Gasoline Trimmer (Model# TB70SS) that I purchased about 1 1/2 to 2-years ago and it will not start. I've done the following and it still will not start:
  • Checked the On/Off Switch
  • I've replaced the gas and added a fresh new tank of 40:1 mixture of 2-cycle oil and unleaded gas
  • I've checked the Spark Plug arrestor and cleaned the screen with a wire brush
  • I've replaced the spark plug with a Champion DJ7Y spark plug with a .025 gap
  • I've inspected the air filter and it looks to be in pretty good condition.
  • I've pulled the starter rope numerous times just in case it is flooded

One of the things I've noticed is that the Primer Bulb will not work correctly. When I press it in to start the fuel flow, it will not depress or return to its normal state immediately, it takes several minutes. Therefore, I can't press it 10 times as the manual states to start it. Does this mean I need to replace the primer bulb? What could be the problem HELP!!!

Sponsored Links

Non-US

08-10-09, 06:21 PM   #2  
To me it sounds like it may be time for a carb kit.... If the valves inside the carb are stiff & stuck.. this may get you going again..... Roger

TX

08-10-09, 06:32 PM   #3  
Check the fuel lines,see if they are crimp and also check the fuel filter,this will also cause the primer bulb not to function properly.The compression on these 2 cycle engines should be no less than 90# to run,I like it to be above 120#Hope this helps.

Jerry

Search this Thread