briggs and stratton quantum no start

Old 08-10-09, 01:07 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
briggs and stratton quantum no start

I have an briggs and stratton quantum model number- 123k02-0219-e1-04090858
It was running fine last week and know only runs for about 3-5 seconds when i push the primer bulb about 8 to 10 times.
How can I fix this problem?

Old 08-10-09, 02:31 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Sounds like the main jet in the carb bowl nut may be clogged, remove the bolt that holds the carb bowl on(main jet) and clean all the holes, you might as well remove the bowl and clean any junk from it also, clamp off the fuel line so you don't create a mess, be careful when you reinstall the bowl so you don't mess up the bowl gasket or the primer won't prime. Have a good one. Geo

Old 08-13-09, 06:21 PM
B
Thanks for the help

I fixed the starting problem by cleaning the main jet and bowl with carb cleaner with success.
Now when it's running the rpms are fluctuating enough to notice but not anything major. Anyone know what can fix that?

Old 08-14-09, 04:42 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Sounds like you still have some restriction, the surging is from running lean. If it is bad or affects power you probably need to remove the carb and clean it in a bath type cleaner. You might try removing the bowl nut, and insert the plastic straw on the carb or brake parts cleaner in the hole and spray to clear any small obstruction in the carb nozzle. Have a good one. Geo

Old 08-15-09, 03:52 AM
A
Remove the welch plug and clean behind it. Transition ports are located under it and when one is obstructed the engine surges. Pick up a welch plug 694468 (3/8” Diameter) at a local shop.

Welch plug removal and installation is covered in this link:

What are the procedures to follow when overhauling the carburetor?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: