Weedeater BV 1850

Old 08-16-09, 01:52 PM
Unhappy Weedeater BV 1850

I have a Weedeater 1850 blower/vac. When last used it ran perfectly, but then I had to store it for over a year. When I finally got to use it , I put fresh gas in it and started to crank it to get it started. To my dismay I watched the fuel pour out of it. Either the fuel tank is cracked or the fuel lines are off/split or something. I need to see to determine the problem. After removing one shroud with no access, the
other appears that bolt removal will also take off the carb. Seems a lot to just check the fuel lines and tank. Am I missing something? patch-48

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-09, 07:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Nope, you aren't missing something, that's the way it comes apart. You probably have a broken fuel line.

Old 08-17-09, 03:48 AM
When I take loose the bolts the carb comes off too ?

Old 08-17-09, 07:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
yes................................

Old 08-21-09, 08:29 AM
Cheese, I'm going to the small engine place tomorrow for another problem, do you think I need to get a carb gasket for the BV-1850 ? Patch

Old 08-21-09, 10:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Probably not, but I don't know what kind of shape yours is in. You'll have to be the judge. Normally they come off without tearing.

Old 08-24-09, 09:59 AM
STILL___the BV-1850

I went to the small engine place and a gasket kit for the BV-1850 Weedeater was in stock and around $7.00. Fair enough. If I needed one, fine, if not, even better. I took the two bolts off the shroud that holds the choke plate and covers the carb. The carb was right there, but still no access to the fuel tank. I removed every allen head screw I found to separate the halves, but it seems the handle has tabs to hold it to the body. The fuel lines to the carb look fine , but found filter and a hose barb in the tank. Having just replaced lines and fuel filter on a string trimmer with the same problem I bet I have to do the same. At least on the trimmer the carb, lines, and tank were out in the open. Does anyone have any tips, tricks or suggestions for the blower ? It has gotten to be a matter of pride with me. " You're not going to whip my butt. " Patch
Beer 4U2

Old 08-24-09, 06:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like you're still missing a screw. I don't think there are any clips or tabs as I recall.

Old 08-29-09, 09:20 AM
I did miss two bolts, was looking right at them. Who knew that the muffler cover bolts went all the way through. Replaced the gas filter and both lines. (And a switch that S-I-L broke removing wire.! ) Reassembled unit and started. Runs like a top. Mission accomplished. Patch