Honda Engine Stalling

Old 08-18-09, 01:20 PM
Honda Engine Stalling

I have a honda gx200 motor that I use on a go kart we have several cars but we have 1 car that we hve been having constant problems with the car stalling out. At first we thought that it was vapor lock but the stalling keeps getting worse. At first it only did it every now and then, but it's getting to where it will do it after only running for a couple of minutes. It always cranks back it just gets annoying having to constantly crank the engine after such a short run time. Any ideas on what could be causing this and if so do you have any ideas on how to fix it. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, David

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-09, 05:47 PM
David,

With no engine spec numbers posted..... Are you running the oil level to the top thread in the fill port ?

This could be a low oil alert problem, If there's a wire coming out of the engine block below the kill switch disconnect the yellow wire from the kill switch then test run the engine. Doing this should eliminate the alert system from the ignition.

Old 08-19-09, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your advice I don't think it's low oil because I just got done with a full round if oil changes and put exactly half a quart in each casing both clutch and engine block but I will try checking the oil again

Old 08-19-09, 08:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It does sound like the oil sensor could be the problem. Seems like every now and then you run across one that is more sensitive than the rest.

Search this Thread