Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kohler Command 25

08-19-09, 05:42 PM   #1  
Kohler Command 25

I have the same engine with similar issues - fuel in the crankcase. However, mine is also leaking oil from one of the gaskets. Would the fuel in the oil cause a gasket to fail? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

TN

08-19-09, 06:02 PM   #2  
Posted By: gustowind2 I have the same engine with similar issues - fuel in the crankcase. However, mine is also leaking oil from one of the gaskets. Would the fuel in the oil cause a gasket to fail? Thanks.
I moved your post to a thread of its on. Tagging on to another thread creates confusion.

The engine in the thread you posted to was a model CH25S Spec 68628. Is this the same engine you have?

Describe the location of the gasket leak.

Look up the parts list at this website. Which gasket, by Ref # and Part # is leaking?

http://www.milacalawn.com/parts.asp

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-19-09, 08:44 PM   #3  
Gassy oil will leak from seals and gaskets that normally wouldn't leak. Also, gas in the oil usually means the oil level is too full, which means the oil is probably in contact with the gasket when the engine is at rest when it normally would be below the gasket and unable to leak.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread