Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere CT322 Skid Loader won't start

MD

08-20-09, 09:00 PM   #1  
John Deere CT322 Skid Loader won't start

I rented a John Deere CT322 skid steer for 24 hours. I got plent of sleep last night because I planned on running the thing for almost the entire 24 hours. 12 hours into my work and the thing quits running. I checked the fuel and it's ok. I checked the oil and it's ok. Can't find the spark plugs. (Just kidding). What the hell is stopping this thing? I have a boatload more work to do and I lose it at 9am.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-21-09, 12:00 AM   #2  
What make and model engine is on it? You lose it even though you can't even use it?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MD

08-21-09, 12:08 AM   #3  
Beats the ever loving tar out of me. I went back to the house, posted the question, did a little research, ate a little ice cream and went back down prepared to deliver the coup de grace. I got in and it started right up. Go figure.
Would I lose it if I didn't use it? I don't know. If it was still sitting down there when they came to pick it up, I'd say it would be fair of them to extend my rental by at least a half day. But that's just me.

IA

08-21-09, 05:53 AM   #4  
Frequently a running/stop/cool down/start again and run for short time is an ignition problem, usually with a failing coil or igniter.

Other possibilities are fuel system things = plugged lines, dirty filter, plugged fuel cap on the tank, bad pump.

If it was running when they came to get it, it would be hard to say you had planned on running it 24 hours straight and it didn't cooperate.

Search this Thread