Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

help with Grundomat air compressor

08-22-09, 08:44 AM   #1  
help with Grundomat air compressor

Hey,

I have a 70' Gundomat air compressor that starts up but when it loads up with air it shuts down. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips to help me fix this myself?

Sponsored Links

IA

08-22-09, 09:57 AM   #2  
That particular make doesn't sound familiar, but all air compressors I've seen have the pressure setting on them to kick the compressor off when the tank reaches the desired pressure.

I suspect either yours is set too low or is faulty.

Usually those are a spring plunger type affair with electrical contacts and wires coming from it. It normally isn't hard to find or figure out how to set it.

Super Moderator

CANADA

08-22-09, 10:38 AM   #3  
You will need to find out what control is "shutting it down.

If the pressure control is not restarting when the pressure in the tank drops you could have a plugged air connection between the pressure switch and the tank or the switch needs replacing.

If the switch closes and energizes the motor but it does not start then you could have a bad motor.

If you haven't already and are comfortable working with electricity then remove the pressure switch cover and see if the contacts close when the pressure drops.

GregH.........HVAC/R Tech

Search this Thread