Troy Bilt Super Bronco 13AX60TG766

Old 08-24-09, 06:41 AM
Troy Bilt Super Bronco 13AX60TG766

Good morning all! The R/C airplane club that I belong to has a Troy Bilt Super Bronco riding mower model 13AX60TG766. After having the drive belt(s) replaced by a mobile mechanic, the gas pedal is now extremely difficult to push down to reach top speed. I have looked online for diagrams and advice alike but have yet to come up with a cause or solution. The mechanic gave up on correcting the issue, but offered that it may be due to a missing spring. The only diagram I found for the drive system shows two springs [Troy-Bilt 932-0384 (replaces 732-0384)
Spring, Extension,.62 Dia x 6.12 and Troy-Bilt 732-0963
Spring, Extension,.50 Dia x 6.37].

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this?

Thanks in advance,
Rick S
Clay County Flyers R/C Club

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-09, 01:59 PM
Rick,

It sounds like the variable speed pulley is hanging up, That's the double one in the back that the front and rear belts go around.

With the top (rear) belt removed you should be able to grab the center section of the pulley and pick up on it very easily and have it drop back down easily on it's own.

Good Luck

Old 08-25-09, 06:13 PM
Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look at that this week. I have only changed the deck belt in the past, how tough is it to remove the rear drive belt?

Old 08-25-09, 07:23 PM
Remove the battery and battery tray, There will be a spring loaded idler pulley on your upper right. Just pull the idler back and pop the belt off of it. Then you can pull the belt away from the variator pulley to check it.

The trans pulley must be removed to remove the belt completely off the machine. But you don't have to do that just to check the variator pulley.

Good Luck

Old 08-06-11, 01:19 PM
how to remove idler pulley on troy bilt mower model num 13aj609g766

Old 06-06-12, 09:51 AM
Troyy-Bilt Super Bronco

Does anyone know if there was feedback as to the actual fix for this gentleman's problem. Changed the drive belt on my Super Bronco and have the same symptoms. The pedal is hard to push and i cannot reach what should be top speed.

Old 06-06-12, 03:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Both belts should be replaced at the same time to avoid this problem. Replacing one changes the ratio between them.

Old 06-06-12, 07:32 PM
Hello kagnew,

Mr Cheese is correct on belt changing.....

But, Give this a try. Put your speed selector in the fastest speed setting, With the trans shifter in neutral push the clutch and start the engine. Now let the clutch pedal up slowly and see if it comes all the way up, Push it once more and let it up. Now push it again then put the trans in forward gear and see if you get full speed.

What this will do is properly position the belts in the variator, When you finish mowing shut the engine off while your holding the clutch down. This will reduce pressure needed to push the clutch upon re-start, Lastly.... The speed selector lever shouldn't be moved without the engine running and clutch pushed down or the belt positioning procedure may need to be implemented afterward.

Good Luck