Yard-Man Straight shaft Trimmer

Old 08-25-09, 07:09 AM
Angry Yard-Man Straight shaft Trimmer

Have a 2 cycle Yardman straight shaft trimmer that I just bought a year ago - worked beautiful until one of the kids decided to go trim with it. It was purchased for use with a blade rather than string. He used it and got weeds tangled around it and just kept running it until it bogged down and died. Well - we haven't been able to get it to start since! GRRR - Put a new plug in it and cleaned the breather - still no luck. It turns over really well just won't fire up now. Any help would be great - I really don't want to have to tear this thing apart if I don't have too. It worked like a charm and fired exactly as it was supposed to until he got it all tangled with weeds!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-09, 08:13 AM
Is the plug wet?? Have you checked for spark @ the plug?? Ground it to steel of the engine, hook the plug up to the wire & pull it over.. Also check for compression..You said it turns over really well.. Can you verify he used a gas & oil mix in the tank,, not straight fuel?? You may even pull the muffler to make sure it's not blocked & while it's off look into the cylinder thru the port to check for any scoring on the piston or cylinder...Good Luck,, Roger