K181 hole


Old 08-29-09, 06:29 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iowa!!!!!
Posts: 4,006
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
K181 hole

Working on semi - destroyed K181 and noticed a drilled hole (about 1/4 inch) in the bottom of the cylinder. It's about an inch or so up from the bottom.

Is this hole Kohler engineering or did this wrecked rod do that?

Last edited by marbobj; 08-29-09 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-09, 07:20 AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

this hole is for the crankcase breather. It goes into the breather chamber where the valve springs are (behind the carbie).

Kind Regards
Al Bunzel

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: