Toro 314-8 No Juice PLEASE HELP!!

Old 09-02-09, 04:49 PM
Toro 314-8 No Juice PLEASE HELP!!

I have a Toro 314-8. Model # 73402. I don't have any juice. I can't even turn my lights on, the voltage gauge doesn't register anything. I have a brand new battery in the tractor. I have been messing with this for over a month. The tractor shutdown during mowing and hasn't started since. I first thought it was the eat sensor, so like a dummy I clipped the wires and tried to by pass the switch. I have no aptitude for this kind of thing. PLEASE HELP!! The lawn is very tall.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-09, 05:19 PM
Steve,

Have you checked the fuses under the hood near the dash panel ?

Old 09-02-09, 06:09 PM
The only fuses I have checked are on the fuse panel next to the battery and I replaced them new. Are there other fuses I may have missed? There were 2 I replaced 1 15 amp and 1 25 amp

Steve

Old 09-02-09, 07:20 PM
There should be no other fuses, Right next to this fuse holder there is two relays (small black boxes). Take and swap them with each other and see if you get anything in the start position.

If still nothing, Do you have a automotive type circuit test light or multimeter ?

This may take some testing to sort the problem out.....

Good Luck

Old 09-03-09, 02:05 PM
Now I wonder if it's a battery problem. I don't have any headlights or even my test lights are out.

steve

Old 09-09-09, 04:19 PM
I have a question. I had one of my friends tell me how to bypass the seat switch by taking the two wires coming in and using a wire nut tieing them together. Could that be the problem?

Steve

Old 09-09-09, 07:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, that's not the problem. Go pick up a 12 volt test light and then we may be able to find the problem. Without it you're just guessing and clipping wires that don't need clipping which may amount to more repairs once the voltage problem is solved.

Old 09-10-09, 08:11 AM
A very simple thing to check, the battery cables look ok? Are they firmly connected at BOTH ends especially the other end of the neg. cable? Connections are clean? corrosion free? no paint isolating the cables? When you replaced the battery, you put the pos. cable on the pos. post, neg to neg?

Old 09-12-09, 03:39 PM
I haven't checked the connection yet but I am going to clean both the positive and negative connections. I have a voltage meter where should I start? At the negative connection of the battery?

Steve

Old 09-12-09, 07:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Start across the battery cables checking for voltage and move away from component to tcomponent until you find the spot where voltage is missing. If it's at the battery connections, you will find it quickly.