Weed Eater LT7000 - Leftover Circlip!

Old 09-04-09, 07:20 AM
Weed Eater LT7000 - Leftover Circlip!

Hi Everyone,

First post here, and it's one for some advice! I have just replaced the fuel lines in my Weed Eater LT-7000 gas trimmer. It's a few years old now, and needed a service, but I was prompted to do the gas lines after noticing a fuel leak during last use.

I sourced the correct pair of lines from eBay, found a walk-through on the web and have completed the job in a couple of hours. The unit runs great!

Problem is that I dismantled the unit before I found the walk-through, and I am left with one small circlip (retaining washer, C-washer), about 1/4 inch diameter. I can recall popping the circlip off during disassembly, but I can't for the life of me remember (or indeed find) where it came from. I've studied the exploded diagrams I found, looked for tell-tale signs when I tore the unit down again, and still no joy.

I suspect it came from the end of the throttle cable where it attaches to the carb, but seems too big to fit there.

Any suggestions gratefully received!! If you have an LT7000, please could you check if there is a circlip on the end of the throttle cable by looking through though the housing at the carb?

Many, many thanks!!

Jon

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-09, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by jonclancy View Post
Hi Everyone,

First post here, and it's one for some advice! I have just replaced the fuel lines in my Weed Eater LT-7000 gas trimmer. It's a few years old now, and needed a service, but I was prompted to do the gas lines after noticing a fuel leak during last use.

I sourced the correct pair of lines from eBay, found a walk-through on the web and have completed the job in a couple of hours. The unit runs great!

Problem is that I dismantled the unit before I found the walk-through, and I am left with one small circlip (retaining washer, C-washer), about 1/4 inch diameter. I can recall popping the circlip off during disassembly, but I can't for the life of me remember (or indeed find) where it came from. I've studied the exploded diagrams I found, looked for tell-tale signs when I tore the unit down again, and still no joy.

I suspect it came from the end of the throttle cable where it attaches to the carb, but seems too big to fit there.

Any suggestions gratefully received!! If you have an LT7000, please could you check if there is a circlip on the end of the throttle cable by looking through though the housing at the carb?

Many, many thanks!!

Jon
I think the C clip you are talking about is the one that is on the throttle shaft end that holds the shaft into the carb. It is in the the same area that the fuel lines attach to the carb. And since you replaced the fuel lines recently, this is probably the one you removed. Regard, and have a nice day. Pappy

Old 10-14-09, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by pappy22637 View Post
I think the C clip you are talking about is the one that is on the throttle shaft end that holds the shaft into the carb. It is in the the same area that the fuel lines attach to the carb. And since you replaced the fuel lines recently, this is probably the one you removed. Regard, and have a nice day. Pappy
Hi Pappy,

A great suggestion - thanks!!

I'm going to check it out now.......

Old 10-14-09, 09:32 AM
Interesting. The cable outer sheath has a plastic clip to hold it in place, but the cable itself, where the L-shaped end goes into the carb is where this is from, as you suggested.

I was misled by the fact it didn't fit, but isn't a sprung clip at all. Closer inspection reveals it can be tweaked with some grips - to the correct size!!

Thanks Pappy! Beer 4U2

Jon