Weedeater GTI 17 XP Sensor Feed head ?

Old 09-04-09, 09:48 AM
Weedeater GTI 17 XP Sensor Feed head ?

I was recently given an old but rarely used a Weedeater GTI 17 XP curved shaft gas line trimmer by a neighbor without the manual. I changed the brittle fuel line and it started right up and runs great . However, I having a problem wit the "SensorFeed" automatic feed line head . It doesn't no seem to feed properly . I have double checked the "threading" of it the line accord ot the little diagram in inside the head and found that I have done it correctly . Is anyone here familiar with those Sensor Feed trimmer heads that can give me some advice ( maybe there is internal part mbroken or missing) ? Manual ? - Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-09, 07:19 AM
Here are some photos of the trimmer head -

linetrrimmerhead1 pictures from home & garden photos on webshots

Old 09-05-09, 11:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
According to the IPL, all the parts are there, so it must be a routing problem or you are using the wrong size line.

Old 09-06-09, 03:43 AM
I was wondering if the metal ratchet lever should have tension from a spring . The "barrel" * that it pivots in looks like a spring and I wondered if an end (s) of the spring that tensions the lever might be broken off - Y/N ? Can you
(or anyone else ) explain to me how this auto feed ( "SensorFeed") mechanism operates.

The line routing is configured correctly .I am not sure of the size and I will check it out .

-Thanks

Last edited by rkpatt; 09-06-09 at 05:44 AM.