Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bolens riding tractor MN=13am662f163

09-06-09, 03:08 PM   #1  
Bolens riding tractor MN=13am662f163

Help! My Bolens tractor wont seem to move!At first I could put it in gear and it would not move but I could rock back and fourth a little and then it would take off but it was slow to move (like it was slipping).I checked the belts and they are all on and they look to be tight and ok. I tried it again earlier and now its stuck in gear and wont roll at all.I have tried moving it in and out of foward to neutral to reverse and still nothing.Please help!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-06-09, 08:47 PM   #2  
Check the brake, it is probably stuck. It is a lever on the side of the tranny. See if you can move it and unstick it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

09-08-09, 03:54 PM   #3  
Wanted to re-cap on what seemed to fix it.(Thanks cheese for your input btw).Im certain the brake wasnt stuck because as I throttled up the engine it never seemed to be in a bind or actually in gear (like the transmission gears were not engaging).I did however "force push it" as I did this I felt the gears in the transmission engage.I hope I dont need a new transmission. but for now it seems to be doing ok.

Search this Thread