Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere L120 trouble starting and keep running

WV

09-08-09, 04:33 PM   #1  

I have a John Deere L120 lawn tractor (running at about 255 hours) that I cannot keep running. I serviced it recently; oil/filter, fuel filter, air filter, spark plug change. On the service reminder/hours meter it is getting a CHG 8888.8 code. I don't know what that means. Does anyone have any ideas on what to check?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-08-09, 10:26 PM   #2  
I don't know what that message means, but it will usually give a service reminder and continue to flash that reminder for 2 hours, then it will reset until the next service interval, where it resumes this cycle.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

WV

09-12-09, 11:22 AM   #3  

I took the hose off on the output of the fuel pump and no fuel comes out when I try to start the tractor. I took the fuel filter off and can blow through it so it's not clogged, it's also transparent and looks clean. So it must be either a clogged fuel line or the fuel pump isn't working. I guess starting with checking the fuel line between the tank and the fuel filter is the best place to start? Is this a common thing? I haven't heard of this happening before.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-12-09, 07:49 PM   #4  
I'd try blowing backwards from the fuel line into the tank and see if you can easily blow air into the tank. If so, the fuel line should be clear. Check it for cracks. If the line has a crack big enough, it will draw air instead of pulling fuel. I had a generator on an RV doing this not long ago.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread