Toro lawnmower keep stopping

Old 09-08-09, 06:00 PM
Toro lawnmower keep stopping

I have a toro lawnmower (2years old) walk behind. I put it up for about 4 or 5 months with the gas in it. I have tried to start it several times, I would push the little bulb three times to give it gas and it will start and run just a few minutes to use up the little gas.
I put in a new spark plug, clean filter and clean gas, it will start up and run just a few minutes. I also tried to spray it with carbutor cleaner, but with the toro mower I was not able to get to the carbutor with trying to take the whole mower apart.Is there something that I can put in the gas to get it to run.The gas line is open. can anyone tell me what can I do.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-09, 08:23 PM
You didnt tell us any numbers from the unit so I'll just guess you have a float type carb & the bowl nut has blocked passages in it... If you need more info,, supply the engine numbers & the pro's will tell you exactly what you need.... Roger

Old 09-09-09, 04:57 AM
Hi,

I agree with Roger.

In addition, I would check that the Fuel Tank Cap permits venting.
Also, check that the float is not sticky.

Some carbys have a strainer inside and they can get blocked as well.

Out of interest, is the mower 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Kind Regards
Al Bunzel

Old 09-09-09, 07:51 AM
Angry

thanks so much. Now the engine number is LV148EA/LV195EA
there is no vent on the gas cap. I can see a small bowl on the mower which I tried to clean. I tried it again and pushed the primer bulb three times , it will start up run 2 minutes and cut off.

Old 09-09-09, 08:41 AM
Clamp off the fuel line, remove the carb bowl, release the clamp to see if you have good fuel flow to the carb, raise the float to see that it shuts off the flow with minimal pressure, clean the junk from the bowl, clean the bowl nut, 2 holes close to the bottom and a tiny one about midway up(I usually use the wire from a twist tie), spray all holes, cracks and crevases with brake parts cleaner, reassemble, be careful not to crimp the bowl gasket, and you should be good to go. If this didn't work it will be probably be necessary to rebuild the carb. If I missed something one of the real mechanics will post to help further. Refer to the photo below. Have a good one . Geo
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...c_bowl_nut.jpg

Search this Thread