Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cam interchange on K181

IA

09-12-09, 11:21 AM   #1  
Cam interchange on K181

Working on a K181s (Spec# 30l08A) with a broken cam and a few other things destroyed by a thrown rod.

The cams for these are hard to find, but one has shown up on Ebay with an ACR on it. The one I have apart only has the auto advance for the timing. The question is - will they interchange, cam for cam and pickup the ACR on the engine I have now or are there other parts that have to be changed as well?

Appreciate the help,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-12-09, 07:51 PM   #2  
I sure don't know, but keep checking in...someone who does know may reply. Any takers?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IA

09-13-09, 08:20 AM   #3  
Thanks for the response, Cheese. I didn't know if anyone has run into this. I'm starting to think this fix may have not been one of my brighter ideas . It may have been a good time to power up a couple of engine levels.

I did run across a parts manual online that says the old style cam's parts aren't serviceable and the cam should be replaced with the ACR job.

I think I'll go ahead and get it and see if it works. Will post back on whether it blew up or not.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread