Poulan weedeater quits running

Old 09-19-09, 09:59 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Poulan weedeater quits running

HELLO ALL.
I HAVE A POULAN BRUSHCUTTER MOD. 331. ITS ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD. IT HAS RUN FINE UP UNTILL 2 DAYS AGO. I WAS CUTTING WEEDS FOR ABOUT 10 MINITS AND IT ACTED LIKE IT WAS OUT OF GAS. IT JUST QUIT. CRANKED IT BACK UP AND IT WOULD NOT REV UP, JUST RUN AT SLOW SPEED. PUT IN NEW SPARK PLUG, SAME THING. CLEANED OUT MUFFLER, SAME THING. TOOK CARB APART AND CLEANED AND REPLACED FUEL LINES, SAME THING. ACTS LIKE ITS RUNNING OUT OF GAS. ANY SUGGESTIONS BEFORE I THROW IT IN THE LAKE.
THANK YOU.

Old 09-19-09, 10:13 AM
N
Did you check the small screen inside the carb while you had it apart? And...did you check for trash under the needle in the carb? If not, I'd check that and the fuel filter inside the take. It's a fuel problem for sure.
There is a chance that it is loosing compression. In which case, being three years old it will cost more than it's worth to fix it. Good luck.

Old 09-19-09, 02:33 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
May have an air leak, tighten all the bolts you can get to then while it is running spray carb/brake parts cleaner along all the mating surfaces behind the carb and along the crankcase, if the engine tempo changes you have found the leak and can take the appropriate action. Have a good one. Geo

Old 09-19-09, 08:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Also if there is too much line out of the head or stuff wrapped around the head it can do this.

Old 09-22-09, 09:38 PM
Did you put a carb kit in when you cleaned the carb ? adjusted the meetering lever??? If not, it's kinda like washing you'r feet with you'r socks on...LOL... The diaghragms get stiff over time & they won't pump or meeter fuel properly...Just a thought.... Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: