Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cub Cadet cc4125 not starting

09-19-09, 01:41 PM   #1  
Cub Cadet cc4125 not starting

My Cub Cadet cc4125 string trimmer will not start. When pulling the pull cord, it comes out with no real resistance. Normally the EZ Start System would apply resistance after about 1-2 inches and not require much of a pull to start. Now, no reisstance and won't start. I replaced spark plug and no change.
Fresh gas, no change.
Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-19-09, 08:48 PM   #2  
Pull the spark plug out and see if it has compression when you crank the engine. Sounds like it doesn't. It could be a valve problem or a broken connecting rod. Was it run without oil?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

10-06-09, 02:19 PM   #3  
sorry for the delay in responding. Finally got a compression test done. zero pressure seen.
not sure if I should start with cylinder gasket or inspect the valves, or piston rings?
Thanks for the help.

TX

10-06-09, 03:19 PM   #4  
If this trimmer is a overhead valve,check the owners manual for valve specs. .They could be out of adjustment causing no compression,also check to see if the push rod came loose from the tappet.Hope this helps.

Jerry

Search this Thread