Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt 01919 generator

09-24-09, 09:25 AM   #1  
Troy Bilt 01919 generator

I have the 5550 generator and had the same thing happen after not starting the thing for a year! I pulled off the carb and soaked it clean and I ran seafoam also. It starts with one pull again but it still has a sputter or miss. Any suggestions? Also you can run the gas out of the carb by shutting the gas off till it stalls and then put on full choke and restart leaving the choke on till it stalls again. This will drain your carb of gas.Beer 4U2

Last edited by guitarslinger; 09-24-09 at 12:07 PM.

Sponsored Links

TN

09-24-09, 05:40 PM   #2  
If you have not installed a new spark plug install one.

Other than that I say the carburetor needs a more thorough cleaning. I am not a fan of immersion cleaners unless the carburetor is severely dirty and varnished. I prefer ultrasonic cleaning first and then aerosol cleaners followed up by blowing out with air.

Post the brand, model, etc. of the engine for more specific help?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-24-09, 07:39 PM   #3  
I agree, if it still spits with the new plug, the carb still needs a bit more cleaning.

Running it like you said won't clear the carb of all fuel. It will still have some in the bowl, just not as much.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread