Brigg's 9 HP Vanguard Carb

Old 09-26-09, 01:14 PM
Brigg's 9 HP Vanguard Carb

I have a Brigg's 9 HP Vanguard mounted on my wood splitter and when i went to start it it was flooded. ( Never ever had any trouble with this motor before today). Found out that the float mount ( Where the pin goes trough) was broke. So i'm here looking for a carb for my motor, does anyone have a used one, or know where i can get one asap? The Mod # of the motor is 161432, Type is 013301, Code # 93072033.
Thanks
jbob2

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-09, 05:07 AM
I see why you are looking for a used carburetor. That 491912 Mikuni carburetor is expensive. Lowest price I saw was $120.00. Finding a used carburetor will be difficult. You may try posting on other forums to increase exposure. Do a search for “small engine forums” and you will find several other forums.

If just one of the pieces the hinge pin goes through is broke, you might consider a repair. J-B Weld is a widely available product that used to repair metal.

J-B Weld Company - J-B WELD Product Information

Old 09-27-09, 06:18 AM
Airman, Thanks for the carb info. I did use JB WELD on it last night and checked it this am and looks like it is going to work. I'm still going to check around for a used carb, just in case it dosen't hold up. Thanks again.