Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Yard Pro transmission not working

09-26-09, 03:19 PM   #1  
Yard Pro transmission not working

I have a Frigidaire Home Products Lawn mower model #PC55HY22CA, serial#040799M011084. It has a Honda engine that works fine. After mower is running, I engage the lever for the drive. The wheels do not move and I am unable to push the mower. I cleaned under the cover that says "Remove and Clean" I replaced cover and it still doesn't work. There is a Belt under the cover that looks in good condition. I am able to move the belt (with engine off). The belt is very loose. Does this need tightening, or is it suppossed to tighten when the cable engages? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-26-09, 10:00 PM   #2  
Watch the belt, does it tighten when you engage the drive handle? Can you turn the transmission pulley by hand?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Non-US

09-27-09, 04:47 PM   #3  
I'm not too familiar with the Frigidare products,, But I would start by checking the brake to make sure it's not stuck on.. ( both the linkage & the caliaper assy )... Roger

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-27-09, 10:34 PM   #4  
I almost made the same mistake ROger, but this one's a walk-behind.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Non-US

09-28-09, 07:38 AM   #5  
Ooops,,Sorry... Maybe delete my last post as not confuse anyone... Have you taken the drive wheels off to see if something has came apart in the drive mechinisum??? Roger

Search this Thread