Yard Pro transmission not working

Old 09-26-09, 03:19 PM
Yard Pro transmission not working

I have a Frigidaire Home Products Lawn mower model #PC55HY22CA, serial#040799M011084. It has a Honda engine that works fine. After mower is running, I engage the lever for the drive. The wheels do not move and I am unable to push the mower. I cleaned under the cover that says "Remove and Clean" I replaced cover and it still doesn't work. There is a Belt under the cover that looks in good condition. I am able to move the belt (with engine off). The belt is very loose. Does this need tightening, or is it suppossed to tighten when the cable engages? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-09, 10:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Watch the belt, does it tighten when you engage the drive handle? Can you turn the transmission pulley by hand?

Old 09-27-09, 04:47 PM
I'm not too familiar with the Frigidare products,, But I would start by checking the brake to make sure it's not stuck on.. ( both the linkage & the caliaper assy )... Roger

Old 09-27-09, 10:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I almost made the same mistake ROger, but this one's a walk-behind.

Old 09-28-09, 07:38 AM
Ooops,,Sorry... Maybe delete my last post as not confuse anyone... Have you taken the drive wheels off to see if something has came apart in the drive mechinisum??? Roger