Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tvm140 70395l

09-27-09, 01:22 PM   #1  
Tvm140 70395l

I got this riding snapper from a friend who didn't need it...
I replaced the carb, and can not figure out how to adjust it right. I can get it to start but it only runs for a second the stalls out...... Cant any one help please

Sponsored Links

TN

09-27-09, 01:34 PM   #2  
I moved your post to a thread of its on. The thread you tagged on to is six years old. Tagging on to an old thread can cause confusion.

I do not have time to help just now but others may.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-27-09, 10:44 PM   #3  
Open the idle mixture screw 1 1/2 turns from lightly seated (the one on the side of the carb). Fine tune it at idle speed once you get it running well. For the one on the bottom, open it up about 4 turns from seated to get it started, then if you have to use choke to keep it running, continue to open that screw until it runs well with no choke. Then, at full throttle, open the high speed screw on the bottom until the engine begins to stumble and run rough, then counting the number of turns, close the screw past where it runs well until it begins to spit and surge. Then back the screw out half that number of turns.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread