What to do with Super Recycler

Old 09-29-09, 06:09 AM
What to do with Super Recycler

Looking for recommendations on what to do with a Toro Super Recycler. Apparently blew the head gasket and it is leaking oil seriously. I replaced it with a Recycler that I am happy with but should I try to have the engine repaired, put it on the side of the road for giveaway, or try to sell it? The aluminum deck alone seems to make it worth holding onto but with the oil leak and possible crankshaft damage what kind of coin am I talking about for fixing or replacing the B&S?

This is the push model, not self-propelled.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-09, 02:11 PM
Why do you think the crank is damaged?? Was it run out of oil??? If it is just the head gasket, I think I'd fix it myself,, Road test it a couple times & if all is well, put it for sale as you have already replaced it... Doing it yourself is a great learning experieance & I'm sure the guys here will chime in with hints & tips... Good Luck,,, Roger

Old 09-30-09, 05:12 AM
thx, I'm pretty sure I hit something and when replacing the pull rope the blade seemed to almost be seized. Right now, I can start it and it will run, but oil does leak out of the front end of the engine.