Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

craftsman power washer won't start

10-08-09, 07:44 AM   #1  

I have a Craftsman power washer 580-751651 that won't start. I purchased the power washer at a garage sale. I replaced the carborator and still will not start. Where should I go from here. The carborator I purchase was a replacement from Sears.
thanks,
Dwight

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

KS

10-08-09, 08:37 AM   #2  
Do you have spark? .

10-08-09, 12:03 PM   #3  
craftman power washer won't start

Yes, I had the air filter off and it would backfire in the carborator. It has gas. Could it be the intake value not opening. Is there a way to check it.
Dwight

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

10-08-09, 12:22 PM   #4  
Sears site has gone SOUTH so I can not determine what engine you have. That will be helpful. Post the engine numbers.
It does appear as though you may have a low oil sensor...?
Check for spark. Backfire does not confirm you have consistent spark.
Others with better resources for info than I will be more able to help.

10-08-09, 01:21 PM   #5  

It does have an oil sensor. I have made sure that it does have oil and the light is not coming on. I have pulled the plug and crank the engine and it does have spark. Let me know how to proceed.
thanks,
Dwight

Non-US

10-08-09, 06:01 PM   #6  
Since you have no idea of the past life this unit may have lived,, I think checking for compression may be a good place to start... You have spark & a new carb,, only one thing missing,,,, let's check if it has compression & go from there.... Roger

Search this Thread