Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1st & 2nd Stage Impellers Need Fixing?


parkpointer's Avatar
Member

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 35

10-11-09, 10:49 AM   #1  
1st & 2nd Stage Impellers Need Fixing?

I have an 1994 Ariens Model ST1032 Sno-Thrower. Last season I picked up a good size rock that bent both the 1st and the 2nd stage impellers. With fall here, I have to get the repair done while I can still work outside (no workshop or garage). I've managed to partially straighten the larger impeller, but not enough. I've never worked on the impeller side of things, but have replaced engine/belts/pulleys/linkage on this unit.
I don't have a shop repair manual, and have looked on the web for such, but haven't found anything yet.
Would anyone know if I have to separate the engine side from the impeller side? I am just getting started and have to see what needs to be removed in order to pull each of the impellers off their respective shafts so I can better straighten the blades. Any help would be appreciated!

 
Sponsored Links
hopkinsr2's Avatar
Member

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,561
Non-US

10-11-09, 05:12 PM   #2  
If you're pulling the impeller out of the collector housing,, Yes, you have to seperate the unit... I think the ""Parts Radar"" on the Airens site has a great parts diagram & an exploded view... The chances of you fixing the 2nd stage impeller are slim,,, Why did a shear bolt not break?? Are the augers siezed to the auger shaft??? If so you need to free them up too... Roger

 
parkpointer's Avatar
Member

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 35

10-11-09, 07:38 PM   #3  
The repairs to the snowblower are next after all of the other yard and driveway fixing.
The incident with the rock happened in the middle of winter. Oh, both shear pins broke when the rock got stuck partially in the shoot and between two of the impeller blades. I wasn't able to fix the blades at the time. I pulled the rock out, installed two new pins and kept snowblowing. I knew the blades needed tending too, though not as good, prior to the rock incident.
I've logged into the ariens radar site and printed up the parts illustrations. I've looked it all over and I do have to separate the tractor portion from the snowblower part. THANKS!!

 
Search this Thread