blower wont keep running

Old 10-11-09, 11:59 AM
blower wont keep running

I have a newer craftsman backpack blower and it ran outa gas the other day. After I refilled it and primered the gas, it starts right up and after about 30 seconds will run outa gas and Ill have to reprimer it. Why does it keep running out?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-09, 05:04 PM
When you say "Newer" is this new enough to be under warranty??? What do you have,, Model & serial #'s will help the pros a lot,,,, Other than that,, check the fuel lines & filter & all the bolts that hold the engine together,, than rebuild the carb with a new kit & you should be good to go.... Roger

Old 10-12-09, 04:21 AM
Its like 3 years old. Just wondering why it olny happened after I ran the tank outa gas. I have to tilt it and then prime the bulb and it starts right back up but then will run back outa gas again and again. Its like its not staying primed.

Old 10-12-09, 05:46 PM
Check the hose in the tank going to the filter??? Maybe got a small tear in it??? Also just for a goof,, try it with the gas cap loose in case it's not venting... Maybe the filter pulled some trash from the bottom of the tank when it was empty... Just a couple thoughts for you to try.. Roger