Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

newbi with small engine question

TN

10-13-09, 08:30 PM   #1  
newbi with small engine question

howdy yall, can you tell me how to sit the governor on my 24 hp briggs mower engine? twin cyc. just put new oil pan gasget on and reinstalled motor to frame and now it`s running wide open when cranked. ever things hook back up like it was before. what happened? thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-14-09, 01:40 AM   #2  
Did you loosen the governor arm on the shaft? If not, it shouldn't be affected. Did you put the internal governor back in place? You generally set the throttle wide open, loosen the governor shaft clamp bolt, turn the shaft clockwise until it stops, then tighten the clamp bolt. This sets the governor.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TN

10-14-09, 07:40 AM   #3  
hey cheese, i did have to take the governor arm off to get the oil pan off and did not move anything on the internal part of the governor. i notched the governor shaft with the governor arm and put it back like it was when i took it off. will the internal governor have to be re sit before putting the pan back on? if so how do you make sure it`s sit right before the pan is put back on? thanks fore the help

Search this Thread