Changing fuel lines on a craftsman leaf blower

Old 10-15-09, 02:25 PM
Changing fuel lines on a craftsman leaf blower

Hi,

How do i change the fuel lines of a craftsman leaf blower. My blower wont start and I checked in a different thread here to check for the plug and carb. With little fuel in the plug hole, the blower runs for couple of min. Also, there is enough pressure when keeping the thumb on the spark plug hole and starting the blower. when I checked the fuel filter, it was seperated from the fuel line and the plastic tube is brittle and just crumbled to pieces on touching them. Does anyone know how I can change the fuel line. Do I need to take the whole thing apart?

Thanks
Venkat

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-09, 04:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Depends on what you have. Sometimes you have to take a lot of stuff apart, sometimes you don't. You have to gain access to it if it isn't out in the open.

Old 10-18-09, 10:27 AM
It is craftsman 25 CC blower. Model # 358797120. I was able to get to the fuel lines, taking the outer covers off. I had changed the lines, but I see that the fuel is not passing tru freely. Ever since I changed the lines, the primer bulb does not regain its original shape. When I press it, it stays pressed till I leave it for about 5 min or so. I tried switching the lines that go to the primer bulb to see if I got them wrong, but with same result. Any ideas why this might happen?

Old 10-18-09, 01:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The carb needs to be taken apart and cleaned. It may need a rebuild kit also, but you could try just cleaning it first if the diaphragms and gaskets are supple and in good shape.

Old 10-24-09, 09:45 AM
Thanks a lot. I took that apart and cleaned it. The diaphram and the gasket looked ok. Now the bulb primes well and the fuel flows freely when I prime it. But the engine still does not start. Does this mean I would need a rebuilding kit?

Old 10-24-09, 11:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It may need a kit, or it may need more cleaning. Did you use carburetor cleaner?