Tecumseh Snowblower Carburetor Question

Old 10-16-09, 06:38 AM
Tecumseh Snowblower Carburetor Question

Hi,

I Have a Tecumseh 12 HP OHSk120 motor that I have been having trouble with. I removing the carburetor, soaking it overnight and installing a rebuilt kit on it. I removed the welch plugs and noticed that under the smaller of the two plugs the pin hole was damaged and is now much bigger than a pin hole. I reassembled everything but have not reinstalled the carb yet. Is the damaged pin hole rendering the carb inoperational?

Thanks

Ed

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-09, 07:29 AM
Do you have the model and numbers off the carburetor?

Talking in general terms, it would make a difference in the performance of the carburetor, but to what extent and at what rpm range would depend on how large the pinhole was. I'm interpreting those as being the orifices for the low or midrange fuel. Both ranges have adjustments on most of the Tecumseh carburetors.

By adjusting the mixture it could have very little bearing on whether the carburetor could still be used. The impact would be on the atomization of the fuel entering the air stream going into the engine. That's not always the best anyway.

If it was mine, I would clean up the damage as well as possible and put the carburetor back on and try it. If the engine runs well where you need it to, I'd keep it on.

Old 10-16-09, 07:57 AM
The carburetor is a Tecumseh 640105 (replaces 632536). The pin is now the size of the tip of the outside diameter of a ball point pen. The hole is in the area of the smaller baffle in the fuel camber.