Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper Hi Vac Drive disc

10-20-09, 07:49 AM   #1  
Snapper Hi Vac Drive disc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning -

I have replaced the 5hp tecumseh motor with a 10hp one and new drive disc on rear motor Hi Vac. It ran great ton o power, now the drive disc paint has worn off and looks like a bullseye and there some oil spilled that may have contacted said disc. Just prior to this there was a puff of grey smoke, that i am not sure where it came from. It seems to cut fine on flat and even some grades...though when uphill turn seems to hesitates to a near stop then takes off. How or what do i need to do to resolve this issue

Sponsored Links

10-20-09, 07:54 AM   #2  
Sorry not sure why this posted twice....

MO

10-20-09, 05:02 PM   #3  
Get a can of brake parts cleaner and spray the disc and drive wheel, it will clean it without leaving a residue. Those disc seem to expand with heat and when they slip they expand to compensate for the slippage while it is getting hot and expanding is why it is jerking(WAG). Have a good one. Geo

10-21-09, 03:17 AM   #4  
Thank you ...that is what i had done as well as removing the drive wheel and cleaning it as well....thanks again and have a great day.

Search this Thread