Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

jd diesel misses and smokes

MN

10-22-09, 08:55 AM   #1  
jd diesel misses and smokes

this is a jd yanamar motor runs good up to about 3/4 throttle then it starts to smoke and miss some I change the air and fuel filters and the fuel lines checked the injecters when it was running running on all 3 cylinders . could it be the injectors are wore out 1800 hrs

Sponsored Links

Non-US

10-22-09, 08:35 PM   #2  
I just have to ask, how,, or what,, did you check the injectors for when it was running??? To check them you need to know the pressure they break at & what the spray pattern looks like..& the specs to go with them.. If this is a Mechanical type injection system,, I`d start with a top end valve & injector adjust if it hasn`t been done yet ...Does it have more than one air filter..(a primary & a secondary).. Is this on a farm type tractor with hydraulics,, or an industrial type lawn tractor,, or a stationary engine driving a water pump,, or a generator... Post some model & serial numbers and the application (as JD made lots of applications for this size engine) & the pros will get you dialed in soon.... Roger

MN

10-23-09, 09:00 AM   #3  
I cracked the line at the injector to see if the cylinder was hitting it is a 20hp yanmar

MN

10-31-09, 07:36 AM   #4  
I sold it the problem is fixed

Non-US

11-01-09, 05:09 PM   #5  
Is the problem fixed,, or it's sold as is & not your problem??? It's too bad,,, If you had told me more than "" It's a 20 hp yanmar"" than I may have been able to help you... You didn't answer any of my questions,, so I have to assume you had it sold before you posted... Sorry,,, Roger

Search this Thread