Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snowlower: Toro Power Throw 622 with HSK60 engine

10-26-09, 07:22 AM   #1  
Snowlower: Toro Power Throw 622 with HSK60 engine

Hi,
I was given a Toro Power Throw 622 snowblower with a HSK60 engine. I have used it since it was given but haven't bothered to service. What are the things I need to service each year. How do I an oil change on it. Do I need to change filters etc.

I am handy and repair cars etc. so I not totally new to this. I just need to know where the nut to drain the oil is and what KIND of oil it uses and how much. I do not have a manual so any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Sponsored Links

MA

10-26-09, 10:32 AM   #2  
Hi,

It's easy to change the oil. Warm it up for a few minutes first.

On the bottom of the side, in some cases both sides, of the engine block, just about in the middle, you should see a plug with a square head. That will be your oil drain. In other cases, some manufacturers will put an extension on it so that it's a bit easier for you to change the oil.

There is no filter. It should take about 21 oz but check!

For oil, use regular (service SL/SJ) detergent automotive oil. 5w-30.

Only use fresh gas and make sure to clean the gas out of the mower at the end of every season. Those carbs tend to gum up fairly easily.

The spark plug should be gapped to .030"

Check the auger to see if it has grease fittings. If it does, give it a few shots of grease. Spraying down the interior snow track with WD-40 will help to keep it from sticking. Also check your tires for proper inflation and make sure the chains are on tight.

Good luck

10-26-09, 10:36 AM   #3  
That's it? Wow, thanks for your help. Dave

Search this Thread