Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Walbro WT 419 Carb help!!

NJ

10-31-09, 02:19 PM   #1  
Walbro WT 419 Carb help!!

Hello I could use some help with my Homelite blower that has a wt 419 carb and the problem is that the primer bulb does not suck in any gas no matter how many times i press the primer.. I took apart the carb and replaced any bad gaskets and cleaned it thoroughly.. I tried dumping the carb into a small container with gas to see if it will suck gas in but nothing at all!! The primer bulb is new so i dont know where else to check.. Please any help will be appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-31-09, 07:41 PM   #2  
Did you replace the fuel lines, make sure the filter is clear, and replace the carb gaskets and diaphragms?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NJ

11-01-09, 09:09 AM   #3  
Walbro Carb

Thanks and i did change everything and i even tried covering the inlet and outlet tubes to see if there is any suction and there isnt..

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-02-09, 01:21 AM   #4  
Sounds like the check valves in the primer assembly may be bad.

God bless!

NJ

11-02-09, 07:59 AM   #5  
walbro carb

Thanks but do you mean the red button thing that the primer bulb sits on?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-02-09, 10:17 AM   #6  
Yes...that would be it. Some have different styles, but that one is easy to see and check. Can you spray carb cleaner through the hole in the center of it?

God bless!

NJ

11-02-09, 12:27 PM   #7  
Walbro carb

Thanks again and yes i did clean this part which i guess is the check valve because air can push out but it wont come in ..

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-02-09, 05:56 PM   #8  
But air doesn't push out the return line on the carb? Does the primer bulb even move? If it doesn't push air out, and doesn't pull air in, then the primer can't move, correct? Unless it is moving air through the valve in the carb body that goes through to the throat of the carb. If so, this part is non-serviceable.

God bless!

Search this Thread