Robi Fuel Line Replacement 775R

Old 11-02-09, 09:42 AM
Robi Fuel Line Replacement 775R

I have a Ryobi 775r string trimmer that required all fuels to be replaced. The lawn shop sold me new MTD kits that require the lines to be fished through the tank and then pulled out the holes in the bottom of the tank. Now, how the heck do you manage to get the new fuel lines through gas tank opening, and then line it up with the hole at the bottom, and manage to pull it through.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-09, 05:51 AM
To install the fuel line with the fuel filter select a section of line long enough to extend out the fuel filler port. Cut tip of the line at a 45-degree angle. Lubricate the line with a little oil and push the cut tip into the hole. I find a small piece of wood aids in pushing the line thru the hole. Once the line is in you can continue to feed it through by hand. When enough line is in the tank, grab the line with needle nose pliers and pull line through the fuel filler port to allow filter installation. Install filter then pull on line from hole end and pull until filter is at bottom of tank at lowest point.

Search this Thread