Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Simplicity 755 Issues

11-16-09, 06:47 AM   #1  
Simplicity 755 Issues

Hello all,

Just bought a used Simplicity 755 7HP snowthrower, model 1691413.

Previous owner installed a 7HP Briggs & Stratton model 121402-0194-E1 enigine. The original was a Tecumseh 7HP HSK70 from what I have found searching the internet.

The issue I have with this is that when I put the snowthrower in Reverse, it goes Forward. Also, the Forward gears put it in Reverse. Not a major issue, but one I would like to fix somehow.

I went to the Simplicity site and downloaded the manual it shows the belts come of 2 shafts; I have one shaft on the Briggs and Stratton. So, both my auger and drive are powered by 1 shaft with 2 pulleys. Thus causing the drive to go in opposite directions.

I looked for some Tecumseh engines but did not see any with dual shafts. Is this a common configuration?

Also, I was thinking I could maybe twist the belt like and "8" and that would allow the direction to be correct.

Not a major issue, the thing will go forward and reverse. I just have zero speed control in forward.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

11-17-09, 07:05 AM   #2  
No ideas to my engine and drive issues.

Non-US

11-17-09, 04:27 PM   #3  
Yes, some Techumseh engines drove the wheels from the 2nd shaft that was the camshaft, thus it would turn the opposite direction & @ 1/2 the speed of the crankshaft... It sound like that is the problem,, Sorry,,, Roger

11-17-09, 06:06 PM   #4  
I did a lot of research and found some that had 2 drives...rats.

Oh well, at least is still moves forward.

Search this Thread