Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Peerless VST to LTH conversion #799031

11-23-09, 12:14 PM   #1  
Peerless VST to LTH conversion #799031

Hello;

I was given a Scott's 20hp, 42" riding mower. It had a burnt out transaxle that was a Peerless(Techumseh) 205-024B. After a lot of stomping around on-line I found that that part was replaced by Peerless #799031, LTH - 2000. For the most part it looks to be the same. However, on this particular tractor the subtle difference in the transmission shape cause it to interfere with the existing linkage. If I understand what I'm reading these are both variable speed transmissions with integrated transaxles. The tractor has a gated speed control lever on the left AND a non gated speed control on the right. There's a brake/reverse pedal on the right. Due to the complication of this linkage I'm inclined to focus on just one speed control becasue as far as I can see, there's only one lever on the transmission so I can't figure out why there's two operator controls unless one acts as a limiter? Anyone know?

Sponsored Links

MO

11-23-09, 03:19 PM   #2  
Posted By: Rubinator Hello;

I was given a Scott's 20hp, 42" riding mower. It had a burnt out transaxle that was a Peerless(Techumseh) 205-024B. After a lot of stomping around on-line I found that that part was replaced by Peerless #799031, LTH - 2000. For the most part it looks to be the same. However, on this particular tractor the subtle difference in the transmission shape cause it to interfere with the existing linkage. If I understand what I'm reading these are both variable speed transmissions with integrated transaxles. The tractor has a gated speed control lever on the left AND a non gated speed control on the right. There's a brake/reverse pedal on the right. Due to the complication of this linkage I'm inclined to focus on just one speed control becasue as far as I can see, there's only one lever on the transmission so I can't figure out why there's two operator controls unless one acts as a limiter? Anyone know?
What are the trans symptoms? You say the trans is burnt out, have you had it apart, is it the trans or the pump, I had a Peerless that was supposed to be shot, it took a $12 part to fix it. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread