Yardworks 277cc snowthrower

Old 11-26-09, 11:57 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yardworks 277cc snowthrower

Hi
Canadian tire just delivered my snowthrower, I wanted to place it in the garage but was difficult. I cannot rotate the snow thrower left or right I have to pick it up to change the direction. I tried gears in forward gears it will go straight but cannot turn left or right same thing with reverese gears.
Is there anything I have to do to put the gears to neutral, but how?

Old 11-26-09, 01:10 PM
I would call them & tell them about the problem. If it is new, they should fix it under warranty. If they just did the pre-season tune up, then they missed something. Either way, they should fix it for free.

Old 11-26-09, 10:30 PM
This is the way a lot of snowblowers are when you move them around on dry surfaces.. Depending on the model # you may have to manually move a click pin in the axle or if it has "power steering" just pull the handles for that...If it's a basic model with a solid axle,,,sorry but the wheels will skid when you change direction as there is no differential in these.. Just think of it as a Positrac axle... Read the owners manual as it should explain any instructions as to how the axle works.... Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: