RYBOI Back Pack Blower

Old 11-30-09, 10:12 AM
Cool RYBOI Back Pack Blower

I have a RYBOI Back Pack Blower it came into the shop and was running rough. Found the insulator between the Carb and the engine leaking, Rebuilt the Carb and replaced this part and did a vaccum and pressure test all seals and gaskets are good. Put it back together annd here comes the issue and question for you guys.

It ran like champ and idle great max power and worked nice. 10 Minutes latter when it was hot a small poop happens and then it idles rough and will not power up. Soon as it cools down it runs great and then it does it all over again.

I have no idea of the issue other than maybe a Scored Cyclinder and bad rings.

Any one with any advice be nice?

henry

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-09, 04:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Have you checked to be sure the gas tank isn't developing a vacuum?

Old 12-02-09, 05:20 AM
Smile Interesting

Now Cheese, I didn't even think of that.

So if it does it what , back the gas cap off?

Then it should work again?

Intersting!

Out of 300 repairs this would be the first for me! I have had gas caps not vent and and leak out the Carb. But a Vaccum. intersting concept!

You have sparked my interst!

Henry

Old 12-02-09, 06:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Weed Eaterman View Post
Now Cheese, I didn't even think of that.

So if it does it what , back the gas cap off?

Then it should work again?

Intersting!

Out of 300 repairs this would be the first for me! I have had gas caps not vent and and leak out the Carb. But a Vaccum. intersting concept!

You have sparked my interst!

Henry
Most fuel cap vents I am aware of function to prevent the fuel tank creating a vacuum, and may even let the tank pressurize. They will allow outside air in (when clear) but keep air and fuel inside the tank, from getting out.

Old 12-02-09, 07:16 AM
Thanks

I appreciate the help and can't wait to see if this si the issue.

it runs great cold and then bam it stalls to an idle and just will not power up.

if you let it run then out of no where it will power up again and then little bit later right back down again.

so maybe this is the issue.

Thanks Guys!

Henry

Old 12-02-09, 05:37 PM
Wink Damn

Well guys it was not vaccum, so I did the old Starter fluid trick and you willnever guess what it is?

When it is cold runs great. I sprayed the fluid on the engine all over ever possible gasket and or seal area. Nothing Ran fine.

I let it run until it popped and then idled down. Then I let it idle and with it running rough as hell.

I then begain a spray test on all the gaskets no leak, no leak on the insulator, no leak on the spark plug.

Then I hit the blower/power end and bam it stalled out bad.

I restarted it and di it four more times. Yep it is the OIL SEAL on the output power end.

So then I started it again and took the pull start end off while running carefuly and sprayed that end and of course it stalled as well.

Now the funny thing is when it was cold and I did the pressure test wiht my blanks on and the Vaccum test it passed.

but when it get shot they fail. So remember the cold test are not alwas conclusive either.

So both seals on both ends are bad.

But you can not buy RYOBI Oil seals. My supplier is looking but maybe a dead deal!

Thanks and I hope this infor helsp others in their trouble shooting.

Henry