Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

garden way super tomahawk chipper

12-04-09, 02:23 PM   #1  
garden way super tomahawk chipper

I have a garden way super tomahawk model 4990 with a 8hp magnetron engine model 190402. my support bearings for the chipping assembly are worn. The orignal bearings are part number FAFNIR RA100 . I found replacement pillow block bearings at a local bearing supply house called: E.B. ATMUS company springfield, ma. phone number 413 736 4551
The bearings are available under the TIMKEN brand as RA100RRB+COL . They were very helpful and friendly to me.
I am still in need of a centrifical clutch that is mounted on the engine crankshaft. The clutch pulley is 4.015 inch outside diameter and the crankshaft is 1.06 inch outside diameter.
Also I need a replacement for the 5L290SPL drive belt which might be able to crossed over to gates or dayco.
Thank you in advance,

Sponsored Links

PA

12-04-09, 09:06 PM   #2  
I got my replacement centrifugal clutch from Northern Tools about 5 years ago for less than $40. It's a pretty generic part, but MTD values them HIGHLY as I was quoted a price of $200 five years ago from them. Any local shop that sells and repairs go-carts will have them in stock, and some mower shops will have them also.

12-05-09, 05:36 AM   #3  
Thank you for a source to try for my clutch !!

Search this Thread