Snowblower belt change

Old 12-08-09, 06:28 AM
Snowblower belt change

I think i read on this forum that someone knew a way to change Snowblower belts without splitting the machine.

Anybody have a way to do this on a Ariens ST724 Sno-thro,model 932046, ser#015173? Two Stage.

Sure would be nice to not have to go through the hassle of splitting the machine in a snow storm.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-09, 08:30 AM
You can try without splitting it. The big reasons you have to split it is to get clearance between the pullies to get the belts out & in and so you can make sure that you get the belt on the lower pulley and to have room to move the brake to properly instll the belt. I know it is a hassle, but also the easiest way to do it.

Old 12-08-09, 09:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by indypower1 View Post
I know it is a hassle, but also the easiest way to do it.
Oh come on now indy, there is an easier solution and likely what the "train driver" who designed it actually had in mind any way....

Buy a New Snowblower

Old 12-08-09, 09:56 AM
What piqued my interest in not splitting the machine along, with the hassle,was the unhappy experience the first time i had to split the machine to check some maintenance items.

The manual said that after splitting the machine to lower the handle bar to the ground. .... Wrong!!

That was a disaster as the bucket flipped off the tractor completely as the two bottom bolt holes are slotted, and bolts just popped off.

Thanks for the replies

Search this Thread