Poulan 285 wont stay runnig

Old 12-09-09, 03:15 PM
Exclamation Poulan 285 wont stay runnig

I have removed and replaced all fuel related lines, Removed carb and cleaned. new plug. Saw will start but I have to keep choking it in and out to keep it running. I have removed all filters just for testing. Still having same prob. Just does not seem to be getting enough fuel . I have also adjusted h and l to 1 1/2 turns after seating any ideas
Thanks stick1

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-09, 03:24 PM
While you have it running spray carb/brake cleaner behind the carb and along all mating surfaces on the crankcase to see if the engine tempo changes, if it does you have an air leak and can take the appropriate action. Have a good one. Geo

Old 12-09-09, 04:21 PM
when you cleaned the carb did you install a new kit?? The little diaghragms get stiff with age & won't meater the fuel properly.. Get a kit for it & follow the instructions on the carb manufacturers website & I'm sure you'll be fine if you have no air leaks as Geogrubb has suggested.. I tell people that cleaning a carb without installing a kit is kinda like washing your feet with your socks on... Sometimes it works,, but most times you have to do it again...LOL... Roger

Old 12-09-09, 05:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by hopkinsr2 View Post
I tell people that cleaning a carb without installing a kit is kinda like washing your feet with your socks on... Sometimes it works,, but most times you have to do it again...LOL... Roger
My wife actually has me wash my feet with my socks on...first...otherwise she won't wash my socks or....let me in bed at night

Old 12-09-09, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by BFHFixit View Post
My wife actually has me wash my feet with my socks on...first...otherwise she won't wash my socks or....let me in bed at night
LOL... Is that the same reason I have to leave my work boots outside??? They'r safe tho,, The dog won't even play with them!!!