Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chainsaw genuis needed

12-10-09, 12:58 PM   #1  
Chainsaw genuis needed

Poulan 285 welbro carb
Replaced fuel line,vent line. Replaced gaskets and Metering Diaphragm. Saw will only run on its side with gas cap off. I know i have opened the door for a lot of jokes, can only cut side ways etc. On the carb there are two line connections. One on top and one on front left side. I am assuming left front is fill and one on top is vent. Can not find any good diagrams to go by, all lines were broken in many pieces when I got saw. Also noticed a hose attachment just under the intake back of motor also had broken of hose. H and L set to 1 turn Runs perfect on its side.
Thanks
Stick1

Sponsored Links

IA

12-10-09, 04:57 PM   #2  
The geniuses are all on break, but I believe.....

Your problem is likely inside the tank with either the filter sitting up out of the fuel or there is a break in the line in the fuel tank that is out of the fuel and sucking air.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-10-09, 05:50 PM   #3  
I agree...the fuel supply line is too short in the tank/holding it out of the fuel or the lines are connected wrong and the carb is drwing fuel through the return line instead of the supply.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

12-11-09, 04:34 AM   #4  
Tank is full!! I removed filter for testing . The line is new and sitting on bottom.
Thanks

12-11-09, 05:09 AM   #5  
I think I got it

Posted By: Stick1 Tank is full!! I removed filter for testing . The line is new and sitting on bottom.
Thanks
unish: NEVER Mind Top Inlet of carb connects to crankcase,

Search this Thread