Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ariens Snow blower Problem

12-11-09, 11:56 AM   #1  
Ariens Snow blower Problem

Looking for some ideas to fix my snow blower. The impellers are working but when it encounters a snow pile, the blades disengage. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

NH

12-11-09, 04:53 PM   #2  
Sounds like a worn belt is slipping. When did you replace the belt last?

PA

12-14-09, 09:32 AM   #3  
Have you also checked the shear pins that lock the augers to the drive shaft? Friction alone will spin the augers, but when put under load in snow, they will stopp turning.

12-20-09, 02:18 PM   #4  
sounds like the belt loosened up. I have the same problem with a airens 824. I took off the bottom plate saw the belts and pulleys but there is no room to take the belt out between the pulleys. Same problem?

NH

12-20-09, 04:38 PM   #5  
Posted By: chiosparky sounds like the belt loosened up. I have the same problem with a airens 824. I took off the bottom plate saw the belts and pulleys but there is no room to take the belt out between the pulleys. Same problem?
You have to "split" the bucket from the tractor half. 2 bolts on each side. Just reomve the top bolt and just loosen the bottom bolt. Mkae sure the handle bars are suported or that will come carshing down to the floor. Also, drain the gas first.

Search this Thread