Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh 7 HP Snow King questions

NY

12-11-09, 11:56 AM   #1  
Tecumseh 7 HP Snow King questions

I just rebuilt the carb on my 7 HP Tecumseh snowblower engine. It is now running ok but I have a few questions:
  1. The Idle Mixture Screw doesn't seem to have any affect at all? I cleaned the port, replaced the "O" ring and the needle screw is new.
  2. When I slow the engine the governor seems to cause it to surge. It seems to me it has always been this way. Is this normal?
  3. I was unable to get the "dome" off from the area where the primer line enters. Is there a special tool for the removal? The primer seems to work so I'm not too worried about it, should I be?
  4. I have the engine running at 37-3800 RPM. Can I safely increase it or is this the max RPM?

Sponsored Links

NH

12-11-09, 04:17 PM   #2  
Max RPM on that engine is 3400-3600 RPM.
Idle mix screw will only have an effect at less than 1/2 throttle.
Surging is a sign of a dirty carb. You said you rebuilt it, but did you soak it in a carb cleaning solution for 3-4 hours? If not, the tiny pin holes are still clogged.
If the primer works, leave it alone. Usually you end up breaking the tabs off and will have to buy a new one.

Search this Thread