Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1988 Craftsman Snowblower Tecumseh Carb.

12-17-09, 06:19 PM   #1  
1988 Craftsman Snowblower Tecumseh Carb.

Craftsman 1988 Snow Blower 5hp Tecumseh Engine - CARB.
Sears no longer sells manual. Purchased Carb. repair kit P/N 631978. New at this. Require blow-up of carb. Gas leaks out of air intake after shut down (and I leave valve on under gas tank - fairly often). Replaced hoses from tank to carb and primer bulb to tank. Removed bowl, old style float seems okay. Engine runs quite well. Told to replace all parts in kit. Can't determine what those two small concave disks are for. Looks like something requiring pressure fit. If I have blow-up picture, can figure it all out - before the snow flies here. Thanks

Sponsored Links

Non-US

12-17-09, 06:34 PM   #2  
This manual has everything you need to know... The discs are welsh plugs,, If you use a good quality cleaner & soak the carb overnight, & blow it out with a spray cleaner & compressed air you may not need the plugs,,,Enjoy,, Roger

tecumseh carburetor service engine part at cdponline.com

MO

12-17-09, 07:24 PM   #3  
Posted By: hopkinsr2 This manual has everything you need to know... The discs are welsh plugs,, If you use a good quality cleaner & soak the carb overnight, & blow it out with a spray cleaner & compressed air you may not need the plugs,,,Enjoy,, Roger

tecumseh carburetor service engine part at cdponline.com
Roger, I think you left off the .pdf again.
He meant this one. Have a good one. Geo
http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

Non-US

12-17-09, 08:47 PM   #4  
Thanks again Geo,, Thats twice now,, Right?? Sooner or later I'll get it right... I'm glad someones looking after me,,LOL,, Roger

Search this Thread