Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

SnowBlower Woe's,, Toro Won't Start

MI

12-18-09, 03:44 PM   #1  
SnowBlower Woe's,, Toro Won't Start

Toro Snowblower CCR 2000, Model 38180 (1986), pretty sure it's a Suzuki engine.

Ok,, here goes.
I completely took apart the whole carb, soaked it, cleaned it, blew it out with air, unscrewed the main jet, ran tiny wire through everything. New O-ring on the float bowl. Re-assembled everything and this thing still won't start. Fuel flow is fine, there's gas in the float bowl. The needle and the needle seat "appear" to be in good shape. If I spray starting fluid in the carb or dump a little gas down the cylinder, it'll start up for a few seconds then shuts off. I'm kind of at a loss right now, not sure what to do???

Ohh,, the plug thats in it is brand new, it's a CJ14, I'm not sure if that's the right plug,, is it??

Sponsored Links

IA

12-18-09, 04:47 PM   #2  
It's 2 cycle. Have you been adding oil to the gas (have to ask, some don't get that part) ?

Since it's running with the gas added, you have spark, but with a two cycle there could still be a problem with the compression, or the crank seals. Low compression is normally a "no starter" - even with gas added - so the lean would be more toward the crank seals.

MI

12-18-09, 06:23 PM   #3  
Well,, could it be something else?? LOL

I have no idea what's involved in checking the compression, and I can't imagine having the tools around the garage to do it. Are there any telltale signs or symptoms that would let me know if it's the crank seals or compression, other than the "no start"? Ohh, and yes I mixed the gas and oil correctly. And do you know if that is indeed the right spark plug I have in there?

Search this Thread