simplicity lawn tractor/snow blower

Old 12-19-09, 10:19 AM
simplicity lawn tractor/snow blower

I have inherited a Simplicity lawn tractor, probably about 12-13 years old. On the left side it has a handle that pulls up labled "snow blower." Is this something I can use to remove snow from a driveway, or do I need an attachment of some sort?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-09, 12:22 PM
It's a safe bet you'll need to add an attachment.

Old 12-19-09, 07:47 PM
Where would I go to learn about that and/or find one? Would the attachment have to be under the Simplicity brand name?

Old 12-20-09, 06:27 AM
From a distance I would say you'd probably need one made for that tractor. The mountings and drive for the blower would all be considerations.

There are a number of cross application parts due to common ownership of brands and models that may give you a little wider path in finding one that does the job.

If you just go to this site it'll get you started:

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/product...r-attachments/

We have some of the northern shop guys here who get a lot of work on snowblowers. Maybe they'll jump in with more information on what you can get on that little tractor.

One thing for sure, a blower this year will come in handy.

Old 12-20-09, 06:32 PM
You can also get more information here:
www.simpletractors.com a web site dedicated to Simplicity tractors. If your tractor doesn't currently have a rather large attachment on the front, then you need to get one. I am assuming that you have little experience with lawn & garden tractors, so the site I attached and the above poster's site will help you research what attachments are available.