Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman snowblower reverse problem

12-21-09, 09:44 AM   #1  
Craftsman snowblower reverse problem

Hello i have a model 247.88790 ez steer 28" craftsman snow blower.Everything works fine ,except for low reverse.I tried looking in the manual online and it says if machine dont work in full range of forward and backward speeds perform a shift cable adjustment?I didnt see anything like they were showing in the diagram on this machine for that adjustment.It has a solid rod from shift lever going down to the trans.Any ideas.The thing that confuses me is that r2 is the first position then R1,if it was the other way around it would make some sense.I was thinking maybe that ajustment is behind the frame cover,but again from the diagram it looks like it should be on the outside of it.Help

Sponsored Links

NH

12-21-09, 12:01 PM   #2  
just remove the pin from the top (under the console) & turn the ferrule to adjust up or down.
#28.
Go here: http://www.buymtdonline.com/webapp/w...10101_19502_-1

click on "use our detailed parts finder" then type in your model number, illustrated parts list, then handle bars.

Last edited by indypower1; 12-21-09 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added pic

12-21-09, 04:22 PM   #3  
Ok that is a better diagram and looks more like it.And i noticed that ferrul up in there but not sure how to adjust it.AS for the cable one it said place machine in fastest forward gear then remove slack.So do i just do this with machine in neutral or is there some other procedure.It wouldnt bug me as bad but its r1 thats not working everything else works great.Gear pattern R2,R1,F-123456.Do u still think it might be that ferrul adjustment causing this?.Thanks

Posted By: indypower1 just remove the pin from the top (under the console) & turn the ferrule to adjust up or down.
#28.
Go here: Lawn Mower Parts - Quality Outdoor Power Equipment Parts for MTD Mowers, Lawn Equipment & More

click on "use our detailed parts finder" then type in your model number, illustrated parts list, then handle bars.

Search this Thread