Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tecumseh carb problem

PA

12-21-09, 02:22 PM   #1  
tecumseh carb problem

Hi, I have a Cub Cadet snowblower. The other day it started running poorly. But only on the incline part of my driveway not on the flat part. On the incline it would miss and puff dark smoke , like the choke was on. So i removed the cover from over the carb and stated it . Every once in a while i could see gas on the outside of the carb. Couldn't figure out were it was coming from until i shut the engine off. The gas was coming out of a VERY small hole in the side of the carb above the bowl. I came out of there until i closed the valve at the gas tank.

Eng: Tecumseh HMSK100 Spec# 159324V
I think the year is a 1995 or 96

thanks

Sponsored Links

NH

12-21-09, 04:09 PM   #2  
Sounds like it is flooding. Possible causes:
1). Needle & seat need to be replaced.
2). Float may have gas in it weighing it down. Very common problem on Tecumseh engines.
Either way, the carb needs to be taken off, cleaned, new needle & seat installed. When you have it apart, hold the float next to your ear & shake it. If you hear a sloshing sound, replace the float.

PA

12-23-09, 07:02 AM   #3  
thanks Indypower1, I'll check it out. well I'll check it when the temp rises a bit. 14 right now

PA

12-24-09, 08:25 AM   #4  
removed carb and yes float was about 1/4 full of gas. rebuild kit on the way.

thanks, kevin

Search this Thread